Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Boston Marathon

Two pressure cookers - one filled with shards of metal and ball-bearings and the other filled with nails?
This was the contents of the two bombs that went off at the Boston Marathon.
Has the whole world gone entirely insane?
Are we now in danger of terrorist attacks while watching or competing in simple outdoor activities?
Our kids are being murdered in their schools, we're being blown to pieces at sporting events . . . where will it all end?
Will it ever end?
Could there EVER be any justification for any of the recent terror attacks on the American people?
As I'm wiring this, I am reading the latest news headline - US Senator Roget Wicker receives an envelope containing . . . ricin?
Seriously? Ricin? The stuff is 1000 times more lethal than cyanide when inhaled - and there is no antidote.
The letter inside included an implied threat to effect of: "You haven’t listen to me before. Now you will, even if people have to die,"(note the "me", implying that this is an individual)
Are we now going to start killing people if our 'demands' are not met? What if we all started doing this? There's a word for that - and one we do not even want to get in to. George Orwell was pretty close with his 'fictional' stories it seems.


I am about to do my weekly shopping for me and my little girl and I wonder . . . should I leave her home lest we be blown apart in the supermarket? After all, a off-duty police officer was recently gunned down in front of shoppers in a Walmart.
Am I being paranoid, or just understanding reality?

No comments:

Post a Comment